• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Acai Smoothie Bowls

Acai Smoothie Bowls

(Serves 1)

1/2 cup milk of choice

1/2 cup canned coconut milk or more milk of choice

1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract

tiny pinch salt (to bring out the sweetness)

1 overripe frozen banana OR 3/4 cup Thai coconut meat

1 tbsp acai powder (found at Whole Foods or online)

sweetener of choice, as desired

To make: Blend all ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite granola, shredded coconut, and/or fresh berries. **Note: The acai bowls will be much richer if you opt for the canned coconut milk, but lower in fat and calories if you use 1 cup milk of choice (such as almond milk), so choose whichever option best fits your dietary needs. Feel free to double or triple the recipe for multiple servings.

Click for: Acai Smoothie Bowls Calories & Nutrition Information

Flavor Variations:

Peanut Butter Acai Smoothie Bowl: Add 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter (or allergy-friendly alternative) to the ingredients before blending. Top with granola, sliced fruit, and more pb.

Hawaiian Acai Smoothie Bowl: Replace 1/2 of the banana with 2/3 cup frozen pineapple tidbits. Top with granola, fruit, and shredded coconut.

Green Power Acai Smoothie Bowl: Add loosely-packed 1/4 cup greens of choice, pre-blending.

Chocoholic Acai Smoothie Bowl: They do not offer this flavor at Juice Generation… but obviously I think they should! Add 1 tbsp cocoa powder before blending, and top with chocolate chips (or melted chocolate).

Question of the Day:

Have you ever tried eating a smoothie in a bowl with a spoon?

Or do you prefer to drink your smoothies in a glass with a straw? Although I do like smoothies in a glass, I will often eat them in a bowl if I want to add toppings. This way I’m not struggling to drink berries, chocolate chips, or nuts through a straw, and smoothie bowls can be a really refreshing snack,