• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do You Like Fireworks

Do You Like Fireworks?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
I know a lot of people don't like them, they are lovely to look at but I feel sorry for my cat and all other animals on November 5th
They also make me jump.

I hate the ones that just blow up and make a loud noise. They're dangerous and, as you said @Catsmother, they scare animals. We had a collie years ago that went into panic mode on the Fourth of July. We had to give him meds the vet prescribed for him and keep him close all night until it ended. Also, since the 9/11 terrorist attacks, unexpected loud explosions scare people in my city because New York City is a target for these depraved maniacs.

That said, I do like to view a legal, professional fireworks display that fills the night sky with beautiful colors and patterns.

I hate the ones that just blow up and make a loud noise. They're dangerous and, as you said @Catsmother, they scare animals. We had a collie years ago that went into panic mode on the Fourth of July. We had to give him meds the vet prescribed for him and keep him close all night until it ended. Also, since the 9/11 terrorist attacks, unexpected loud explosions scare people in my city because New York City is a target for these depraved maniacs.

That said, I do like to view a legal, professional fireworks display that fills the night sky with beautiful colors and patterns.
I agree @Foxy Last year my cat was so freaked out by them, the stress gave him Cystitis. I am hoping that it will be quieter tonight because we're in Lockdown again.

No I don't like them. They scare pets and do damage to wild animals and wild animal homes (I have heard of cases of hedgehogs seeking out the warmth in the bonfire that was started for fireworks and then hedgehog burning to death unable to escape)

there used to be a farm near my house that did a firework display every year .... how mean, you could hear the poor scared animals
Fireworks should be banned. Next door to me were letting them off and they have 3 dogs, dogs were barking non stop, obviously they were scared :(

No, I don't. They are too noisy and I really feel for all the animals that have no idea what is going on and they get scared to death.

They should be banned!