• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Do you shop online?

I've been getting my prescription meds and groceries delivered to me. The grocery store sets aside a brief period of time exclusively for senior citizens and people with conditions that make them suceptable to Covid to shop without the general public, but you have to be there by 6am. No way am I getting up at 5 am to get ready to go out and shop.

I buy my groceries online from Walmart.

I buy things most often from Amazon too, @Catsmother.

I buy from other online sites, that I feel are trustworthy.

I use to be a frequent shopper and sometimes seller at eBay. I now only shop there infrequently.

Last edited:
Wow, 6 am is early to shop, @Foxy, even for seniors who are often known to be early birds. I don’t blame you for not wanting to get up at 5 am to shop there.

The grocery store pharmacy where my Dad gets his prescriptions, every 3 months, has been delivering for free. I think that is nice of them.

What makes that worse for me @Sweet Ann is I have several conditions that make movement very painful for me. I sleep in my recliner chair and when I first get up it's slow going showering and dressing. I would literally need to start getting ready at 5am and that's just ridiculous for me. :(

Stop & Shop offers different delivery times. If you take the least popular times (very early or very late at night) they reduce the delivery fee so that's what I do to try and save a few dollars.

I still live with my parents and they do the food shopping which has been in-person. I buy my own toiletries and clothes and other things though which I have been doing online.