• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Question Have You Ever Been In An Accident Or Hurt Yourself?

I have been run over when I was about 6 or 7 years old and I still remember it, I was taken to hospital, I can't remember how badly I was injured but I don't think it was that bad.
I also remember standing on a sewing needle when I was young too and it went right through my foot.
I also smashed my head through a window and needed stitches, I still have the scar on my forehead.

I took a bad fall in my living room a couple of years ago. I tripped and went flying head first into a curio cabinet. Thankfully my forehead hit the small wood strip, less than inch to the right or left and my face would have crashed through the glass. I had baseball sized lumps that sprung up immediately on my forehead, bicep and knee. Here's a pic of my arm, the bruise wrapped completely around it...

amLPRD.jpg

I took a bad fall in my living room a couple of years ago. I tripped and went flying head first into a curio cabinet. Thankfully my forehead hit the small wood strip, less than inch to the right or left and my face would have crashed through the glass. I had baseball sized lumps that sprung up immediately on my forehead, bicep and knee. Here's a pic of my arm, the bruise wrapped completely around it...

amLPRD.jpg
Ouch that looks nasty @Foxy

I burn myself because I can't cope sometimes. But then when I have done it accidentally people don't believe me. I cry then.
Sorry to hear that :(
It is a form of self harm. I self harmed for years but I am glad to say that I haven't done so in about 5 years.

Do you have any coping strategies?

Big Hugs to all of you! I haven't had any major accidents. Fell, tripped, but nothing that warranted a hospital visit.
@Dome67 What issues do you need coping with? The more we talk about what's bothering us, the less control it has over us & the healthier we become. If you are not ready to open up, it's no problem. Just know this is a safe place!

I stepped on a nail that went right through my foot.

I got run over when I was about 8 and needed my right ankle rebuilding, has screws and plates in it to this day. Didnt walk for approaching 18 months.