• Welcome to Talk Mental Healtth! You're currently viewing our community as a guest in which gives you linited access to the forums. To gain full access to the forum then click on the register to join to engage and recieve support from our members. Talk Mental Health is Completely free to join and we will never ask you for money.

How to help my girlfriend with relationship ending anxiety and mood swings?

CMJA81

image description
Reaction score
@Catsmother we started talking again quite often. She’d send pics of the dog and was chatty. She says she has no memory at all of a lot of events, like her anxiety has made her almost have blackouts?! She said that there is nothing at all likeable or lovable. So I sent her flowers. She texted and said “please don’t waste your money on me I’m not worth it”. That was a week ago.

Catsmother

Reaction score
Diagnosis
BPD
My Birthday
October 18th
Pets
Milo
Favourite Food
Chocolate.
Favourite Drink
Tea
@Catsmother we started talking again quite often. She’d send pics of the dog and was chatty. She says she has no memory at all of a lot of events, like her anxiety has made her almost have blackouts?! She said that there is nothing at all likeable or lovable. So I sent her flowers. She texted and said “please don’t waste your money on me I’m not worth it”. That was a week ago.
This is good news @CMJA81 sorry that she doesn't have memory of events though. Hopefully she will reach out for help.

CMJA81

image description
Reaction score
She’s spoken to her Dr but says they don’t really ask much and don’t seem bothered. She’s back to not speaking to me but views any whatsapp statuses within minutes.
I posted one of me in hospital where a pregnancy ward was in the picture (accidentally!) and she instantly reacted to it, “explain, what’s the picture about, why are you there, what have you done???” Admitted she’d thought all sorts of things. Her anxiety really does just take over.
I’d just like to get back to being able to talk again but I think the flowers have probably ruined that 😢

Catsmother

Reaction score
Diagnosis
BPD
My Birthday
October 18th
Pets
Milo
Favourite Food
Chocolate.
Favourite Drink
Tea
She’s spoken to her Dr but says they don’t really ask much and don’t seem bothered. She’s back to not speaking to me but views any whatsapp statuses within minutes.
I posted one of me in hospital where a pregnancy ward was in the picture (accidentally!) and she instantly reacted to it, “explain, what’s the picture about, why are you there, what have you done???” Admitted she’d thought all sorts of things. Her anxiety really does just take over.
I’d just like to get back to being able to talk again but I think the flowers have probably ruined that 😢
Why do you think that the flowers have ruined it? It was a lovely thought IMO. I think she still cares for you.

CMJA81

image description
Reaction score
I don’t know. I suppose I worry she just wants to forget all about me and I didn’t help. I really do miss her, I’m very tempted to just text and ask how she’s doing but I don’t want to make things worse?

Catsmother

Reaction score
Diagnosis
BPD
My Birthday
October 18th
Pets
Milo
Favourite Food
Chocolate.
Favourite Drink
Tea
I don’t know. I suppose I worry she just wants to forget all about me and I didn’t help. I really do miss her, I’m very tempted to just text and ask how she’s doing but I don’t want to make things worse?

Not sure what to suggest as I don't want to encourage you as I know you would feel awful if she doesn't want to know.

CMJA81

image description
Reaction score
It’s ok. I can’t and don’t want to stop caring. I can be realistic but also I’m not someone to turn my back on someone I love and care about when they are struggling. If nothing else I’d like to be her support and her friend.

Catsmother

Reaction score
Diagnosis
BPD
My Birthday
October 18th
Pets
Milo
Favourite Food
Chocolate.
Favourite Drink
Tea