Mitrazipine

lavalamp

image description
Reaction score
Diagnosis
GAD
Is anyone on or has taken Mitrazipine?

I'm on a low dose at the moment (15mg) but my GP wants me to up my dose to 30mg. I don't even like being on the low dose, but I am still considering increasing it as advised.

Thanks!

Catsmother

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Diagnosis
BPD
My Birthday
October 18th
Pets
Milo
Favourite Food
Chocolate.
Favourite Drink
Tea
Hi @lavalamp
Yeah I was on it quite awhile ago but had to stop taking it because I had a bad side affect to it.
How long have you been taking it?

lavalamp

image description
Reaction score
Diagnosis
GAD
1 month so far. I've had a few side effects but nothing too bad. Its helped with my sleep I think I'm just very reluctant to up the dose, as I don't like taking medication in the first place, but I was in such a bad place just over a month ago, I didn't have any choice.

Catsmother

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Diagnosis
BPD
My Birthday
October 18th
Pets
Milo
Favourite Food
Chocolate.
Favourite Drink
Tea
Ask your GP is it okay to keep the dose the way it is then. If you don't feel it needs increasing then I would keep to what you're on now.

lavalamp

image description
Reaction score
Diagnosis
GAD
Thank you. The GP has given me extra tablets and basically said its my decision (but her advice was to up the dose). I'll give it some further though for now.

Catsmother

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Diagnosis
BPD
My Birthday
October 18th
Pets
Milo
Favourite Food
Chocolate.
Favourite Drink
Tea

Shanahan92

image description
Reaction score
Is anyone on or has taken Mitrazipine?

I'm on a low dose at the moment (15mg) but my GP wants me to up my dose to 30mg. I don't even like being on the low dose, but I am still considering increasing it as advised.

Thanks!
Hi I started on 15mg in August and I've upped to 45mg now. I couldnt be without it, I find its amazing. Red some very very worrying comments about side effects before I started taking it so was very worried but I havent had any of those side effects, one was crazy dreams, one was getting frustrated all the time, I did crave carbs for the first 2 weeks, wanted cake and sweet stuff but it passed after a fortnight. I take 90mg of duloxotine in the morning and 45mg mirtazapine at night. Xx

lavalamp

image description
Reaction score
Diagnosis
GAD
Hi I started on 15mg in August and I've upped to 45mg now. I couldnt be without it, I find its amazing. Red some very very worrying comments about side effects before I started taking it so was very worried but I havent had any of those side effects, one was crazy dreams, one was getting frustrated all the time, I did crave carbs for the first 2 weeks, wanted cake and sweet stuff but it passed after a fortnight. I take 90mg of duloxotine in the morning and 45mg mirtazapine at night. Xx
Thanks @Shanahan92 that is helpful to know. I started a new pack today, just to complicate matters the pharmacy has given me a different brand, so I'm feeling outside my comfort zone again having taken the first one (probably the anxiety talking). I'm gonna see how I got on the new brand before I make a decision whether to up the dose.

Ukguy

image description
Reaction score
I’m on mirtazapine and duloxetine, too.

I’m not sure how effective either or both of these meds are as I don’t know how I’d be without them.

Suffice to say I’m down as hell at the moment. So they cannot be declared a wonder drug so far as I’m concerned.

The carb craving is dreadful and has caused me to put weight on. And consequently given me something else to be depressed about.

Pete