• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Mitrazipine

Is anyone on or has taken Mitrazipine?

I'm on a low dose at the moment (15mg) but my GP wants me to up my dose to 30mg. I don't even like being on the low dose, but I am still considering increasing it as advised.

Thanks!

1 month so far. I've had a few side effects but nothing too bad. Its helped with my sleep I think I'm just very reluctant to up the dose, as I don't like taking medication in the first place, but I was in such a bad place just over a month ago, I didn't have any choice.

Is anyone on or has taken Mitrazipine?

I'm on a low dose at the moment (15mg) but my GP wants me to up my dose to 30mg. I don't even like being on the low dose, but I am still considering increasing it as advised.

Thanks!
Hi I started on 15mg in August and I've upped to 45mg now. I couldnt be without it, I find its amazing. Red some very very worrying comments about side effects before I started taking it so was very worried but I havent had any of those side effects, one was crazy dreams, one was getting frustrated all the time, I did crave carbs for the first 2 weeks, wanted cake and sweet stuff but it passed after a fortnight. I take 90mg of duloxotine in the morning and 45mg mirtazapine at night. Xx

Hi I started on 15mg in August and I've upped to 45mg now. I couldnt be without it, I find its amazing. Red some very very worrying comments about side effects before I started taking it so was very worried but I havent had any of those side effects, one was crazy dreams, one was getting frustrated all the time, I did crave carbs for the first 2 weeks, wanted cake and sweet stuff but it passed after a fortnight. I take 90mg of duloxotine in the morning and 45mg mirtazapine at night. Xx
Thanks @Shanahan92 that is helpful to know. I started a new pack today, just to complicate matters the pharmacy has given me a different brand, so I'm feeling outside my comfort zone again having taken the first one (probably the anxiety talking). I'm gonna see how I got on the new brand before I make a decision whether to up the dose.

I’m on mirtazapine and duloxetine, too.

I’m not sure how effective either or both of these meds are as I don’t know how I’d be without them.

Suffice to say I’m down as hell at the moment. So they cannot be declared a wonder drug so far as I’m concerned.

The carb craving is dreadful and has caused me to put weight on. And consequently given me something else to be depressed about.

Pete

I was on mitazipine for many years and I found it to be a very effective antidepressant , my side effect was weight gain but the drug itself was the best antidepressant I've ever had