• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

New recruit

Hi,
My name is Caroline and I am a 48 year old mother of two and teacher.
I joined mind after a dear friend of mine lost her son recently and after searching through his phone - it was discovered that for the last however many mo this if his life, he had been supported by the organisation. It gave his mum comfort and she was incredibly proud that he’d reached out!
I myself have recently come to the end of a very toxic 20 year marriage whereby my mental and physical strength was pushed to its limit. I am currently in the process of rebuilding my life and my sense of worth - watch this space!

That’s my goal - it’s going to be a challenge - I gave a 20 year old son who, as a result of the difficulties of the marriage, has turned to drug use and he’s requiring a lot of support and constant watching. Then I have a 17 year old son with ASD so I have a lot of work to do in the future but it’s hopefully going to turn out well for my family and I hope we’ll find peace and happiness in the years ahead x