• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Serial Killer Peter Sutcliffe Has Died

The serial killer known as the Yorkshire Ripper has died.

Peter Sutcliffe, one of the UK's most notorious prisoners, was serving a whole-life term for murdering 13 women across Yorkshire and the North West between 1975 and 1980.
He was jailed in 1981 and spent several years at Broadmoor Hospital where he was treated for paranoid schizophrenia, before he was transferred to HMP Frankland in County Durham in 2016.

A Prison Service spokesman confirmed on Friday that Sutcliffe had died at University Hospital of North Durham, three miles from where he was an inmate.

He had contracted COVID-19 but is understood to have refused treatment for the virus.

The 74-year-old - who was obese and had a number of health problems, including diabetes and heart issues - had been treated for a suspected heart attack two weeks ago before returning to prison.

He was then readmitted to hospital after testing positive for Coronavirus

Once the most feared man in the country, Sutcliffe's killing spree instilled terror in the north of England as police failed to pick up the clues in their pursuit of the notorious murderer.

As the story of his crimes grew, he became known as the Yorkshire Ripper, a reference to the Victorian killer Jack the Ripper who also mutilated his victims.

In all, 13 women were killed and seven more were viciously attacked, although police suspect the number of victims is higher.

A woman who survived an attack by Sutcliffe said she still suffers from the effects of his attack in Leeds, 44 years on.

Marcella Claxton told Sky News: "I have to live with my injuries, 54 stitches in my head, back and front, plus I lost a baby, I was four months pregnant.

"I still get headaches, dizzy spells and black outs."

Good riddance to him, Hope that he suffered. Maybe Friday 13th isn't so unlucky after all.

1605271404659.gif