• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Sleep issues

I'm having problems sleeping. It's been going on for several months now and it's really impacting on my mood. I'm constantly exhausted. I'm short tempered and moody. I've got a really short attention span and I lose my train of thought a lot. I have trouble verbalising, running out of steam mid sentence. My appetite is poor. My depression has definitely worsened and I am very anxious. I was put onto a new med 3 months ago which is meant to improve your sleep but mine has got much worse.
I'm really fed up of feeling like this. I just want a proper night's sleep.

I would get intouch if you have one with your psychiatrist if you have one, or if you have a primary, don't take it lightly though bc when you don't get enough sleep, it will throw you completely off and if you have depression it will not help that. I would get with one of the 2 , if you get with your Primary, be aware of the medicines bc they are not suppose to distribute psychiatric meds to anyone. Just from experience. I wish you well, keep us informed
3_6_19WeeklyDiane-vi[1].png
@Eagleheart

Thanks for your replies.
I forgot to call my case worker but I'll try to do it today.
I've been up since 3.50am and I am feeling very tired but every time I try to get some sleep I just can't drop off. It's wearing me down.

@Eagleheart , Don't forget to call, when you have sleeping issues, it can be very stressful to the body and the mind, I will check up on you later. Call whomever you need to , call and leave messages if you need to, I don't know if you can email them or not, Get thru every where you can. I know what it used to be like, you are so tired the next morning and it can be very wearing to the mind, just know we understand what you are going thru. Diane
7nYAk2y.png

Well I got up the courage to phone my case worker but she wasn't around today, so I left a message asking for her to contact me. Just wanted to let you know.

Well I got up the courage to phone my case worker but she wasn't around today, so I left a message asking for her to contact me. Just wanted to let you know.
Call her as often as you need to, is she a case worker or a therapist and do you have a psychiatrist. and if you can email them, try to do that too. Follow up with a call tomorrow, very important to get your sleep. Something that might help, or not, a glass of milk for right now or herbal chamomile tea, just to relax you, it doesn't sound like much, it might work . but keep calling and and following up.

It's only 7.20am here. I'm hoping to hear from her today. I had a good night and only got up at 5am this morning! That's a long sleep for me these days.

Want to point out to people that sometimes health issues are caused by a food intolerance. If I eat too much sugar, I'm up all night. Food intolerances don't always just cause an upset stomach. They can cause insomnia, mood swings, breakouts, etc. Another thing is hormones. Maybe ask to get those checked as well.

I've managed to speak to my case worker and I have an appointment with her next Wednesday. She's quite concerned about me so wants a face to face meeting despite the situation with the virus. I'm very anxious about it. It's going to be at the local community hospital and there will be lots of people around. I'm already thinking about backing out of the appointment due to my anxiety. I'm just not sure if I can handle it all. But I really need some help so I will try to be brave and go.

I've managed to speak to my case worker and I have an appointment with her next Wednesday. She's quite concerned about me so wants a face to face meeting despite the situation with the virus. I'm very anxious about it. It's going to be at the local community hospital and there will be lots of people around. I'm already thinking about backing out of the appointment due to my anxiety. I'm just not sure if I can handle it all. But I really need some help so I will try to be brave and go.
@Eagleheart
I have been the hospital with my son so the waiting areas are not busy and they only allow about 3 people at once in the waiting area (well they do here) so there might not be that many people about.