• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Hello!

Just wondering and also digging I suppose. But not in a callous way! I was thinking of starting my own mental health forum last year! Still own the domain name. But from the perspective of working in the sector :)

Just wondering and also digging I suppose. But not in a callous way! I was thinking of starting my own mental health forum last year! Still own the domain name. But from the perspective of working in the sector :)
I think with mental health forums that members don't really like people who work in the sectors on forums like this, I know that from a forum I was once part of.

Myself I don't mind if they join and participate.

Well it’s a good job I didn’t get round to creating one!

Basically I’ve worked with mental health and learning disabilities for 8 years all over the spectrums. ADHD, paranoid schizophrenia, depression, bipolar to challenging behaviour and autism. I’m also an undergraduate in psychology and counselling.

Now this doesn’t mean I want to be bossy or advise...none of that nonsense. I think just being there for people in times of crisis is enough. I just want to lend an ear especially during this worldwide madness.

Also my fiancé suffers with OCD and anxiety and I have ptsd and my brother has asd. So I can understand some aspects of what people may be feeling sometimes. I probably would hardly post on individuals topics unless they asked for advice. I will mainly frequent the general areas. But advice is all it would be.

Well it’s a good job I didn’t get round to creating one!

Basically I’ve worked with mental health and learning disabilities for 8 years all over the spectrums. ADHD, paranoid schizophrenia, depression, bipolar to challenging behaviour and autism. I’m also an undergraduate in psychology and counselling.

Now this doesn’t mean I want to be bossy or advise...none of that nonsense. I think just being there for people in times of crisis is enough. I just want to lend an ear especially during this worldwide madness.

Also my fiancé suffers with OCD and anxiety and I have ptsd and my brother has asd. So I can understand some aspects of what people may be feeling sometimes. I probably would hardly post on individuals topics unless they asked for advice. I will mainly frequent the general areas. But advice is all it would be.
That is okay, I don't mind at all you posting, the forum is still only small yet and will probably take some years to grow.

Thanks for being honest.