• Hey there, welcome to Talk Mental Health – a cozy corner where we're all about mental health, wellness, and just being real. This is your spot to connect with a community that gets it, where we're all on this journey together. Whether you're navigating tough times or lending a listening ear, we've got your back. No judgment, just genuine support. Step in, take a deep breath, and let's make this a space where we lift each other up. Glad you're here!
  • While Talk Mental Health offers a platform for peer support and shared experiences, it is not a substitute for professional mental health assistance. If you find yourself in genuine danger or experiencing a mental health crisis, please reach out to qualified professionals. In the UK, you can contact emergency services by dialing 999. For non-emergency support, consider reaching out to organizations like Samaritans at 116 123. In the USA, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available at 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255). For support in Australia, contact Lifeline at 13 11 14 or Beyond Blue at 1300 22 4636. Your well-being is our priority, and seeking professional help is a crucial step towards your mental health journey.

Hi I'm new here

Hi my names Ian I'm a 44 year old dad of 4 beautiful boys, who are my life.
Where to start! I guess my mental health started in my early years at school and hasn't really ever gone. Although I was never actually diagnosed back then.To cut a long story short I have been in and out of hospitals throughout my life, with my first operation at the age of 4. I never really ever felt like I belonged and I spent most of my school life being bullied, as was always in and out of hospitals. I have an ileostomy, which I've had since the age of around 7 or 8,due to a fairly straight forward operation gone wrong by an incompetent doctor. Never got any compensation back then either for what he has done to me.
I have always had a low self-esteem and and have struggled with my confidence Issues due to this. When at the age of 27 I got married and 3 years later became a dad to a beautiful boy. I was so happy and then i became a dad again 2 years later with another boy. But in 2008 my world came crashing down when my wife decided to have an affair and we seperated shortly after with her new fella moving in our marital home 3 days later! Life couldn't get any worse for me!
Fast forward 5 years of being single and I got remarried again to Jenny. We have 2 boys 6 and 2 who are my life,my absolute world.
Now after 7 years of marriage with Jen, history is repeating itself all over again. I find myself going through a seperation once more and I just cant get my head around it. I have been struggling since I was furloughed back in March and recently saw my gp who diagnosed me with depression, well at least I think that was his diagnosis, as he was very quick to offer me tablets. I have a telephone appointment in November with a therapist from healthy minds, as I self referred after my mum thought I wasn't coping well.
I have good and bad days and could use a few friends right now, who are going through similar.
If you managed to get to the end, thank you for listening.

@Ianb75
9425839_482b6.gif

Sorry to hear you've been through so much. Hope things starts to get better for you

Welcome @Ianb75 ! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I've never been thru an affair so I can only imagine what that was like. Focus on your children, that will help you thru this :)